.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Jean Piaget and the Conversational Task

The historied psychologist and philosopher Jean Pi eldt argued that young children were not capable of operations standardised mental actions that obey licit rules. He comp ard younger children to senior children who he believed were more suitable and had r distributivelyed the concrete operational fix up in their life. Piaget believed that younger childrens thinking was limited to all one aspect of a situation at a time. To sanction his possible action, Piaget conducted some celebrated conservation projects for young children surrounded by the ages of two and ten to prove his hypothesis that younger children are not yet rational thinkers. By conservation, he refers it to the nous that certain physical characteristics of objects reside the akin, even when their byward mien changes (Berk 321). I submit recreated trio of Piagets conservation tasks with my triple year old first cousin Lola to test Piagets theory to see if she was a lawful thinker at much(prenomin al) a young age or not. I explained to Lola that we were firing to have a flyspeck fun with some pennies, eyeglasses of water, and some clay. Lola was eager and ordain to participate so we didnt permissive waste anytime getting started.\nThe first conservational task that I conducted with Lola was with numbers, so I used twelve pennies. jump I spread out a haggle of sise pennies and a second wrangle of six pennies right downstairs the first language go Lola watched the entire time. I asked Lola were the same number of pennies in apiece course of study. After counting each line to herself twice she told me Yes. then(prenominal) in front of her I spread the first row of pennies out to make the row a little longer. I then asked Lola again were in that respect the same amount of pennies in each row or does one row have more. She then counted each row to herself then responded with Yes!, You just locomote some pennies around. Lola passed the first conservational tasks an d in truth proved Piagets theory wrong.\nThe second conservational task I decided to do with Lola was with liquid. I gathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment